Find ancestors and relatives - Поиск предков и родственников

Include as much as you know of name, town, street address, occupation, date.
Савина-ЕН

Find ancestors and relatives - Поиск предков и родственников

Post by Савина-ЕН »

Поиск предков и родственников

I’m looking for ancestors and their descendants in the USA and anywhere else abroad.
1.My aunt (my father’s sister) – Rezentseva Elena Dmitrievna (possible spelling: Елена Рязанцева, Helene Rezantseva Alena D Rezantseva), born 1902-1903. Immigrated from Russia through Germany in 1925. Arrived in New-York on the ship President Harding.
Got married in the USA, became a widow.
The latest information from 1940. Worked as a housekeeper and lived with John Bancroft’s family, lived at: Ward 7, Wilmington, Representative District 3, New Castle, Delaware, United States
I don’t know: when she died and where she was buried, if she had any children.

2. My grandfather’s brother – Aleksandrovich Aleksandr Dmitrievich (a stage pseudonym. Real name Pokrovsky Aleksander Dormidontovich). Born 1880 In Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. Graduated from St. Petersburg university, was a leading actor in St. Petersburg Mariinsky theater in the early XX century. Sang in Dyagilev’s troupe. Sang with F. Shalyapin. Toured all around the world. In 1920 immigrated to the USA through Poland, Czechoslovakia, France. The latest information dates from 1956. Might have had a family and children. But I know nothing about them.

3. My second cousin (my father’s cousin) – Kruglevskaya Lyudmila Konstantinovna. (Maiden name Pokrovskaya – the daughter of a famous astronomer Pokrovsky Konstantin Dormidontovich). Born- 1895- died sometime after 1960. A teacher at the Russian Institute of University Knowledge (RIUZ) (Latvia) in the 1930-s. Taught the history of Russian, linguistics, Slavic languages. Evacuated to Germany in 1944. Afterwards lived in the USA. Studied native American dialects. No children.

I would be grateful for any information about these people and their possible descendants.
logan
Site Admin

Re: Find ancestors and relatives - Поиск предков и родственн

Post by logan »

Regarding Aleksander Aleksandrovich, you can find a biography at http://www.dommuseum.ru/index.php?m=dist&pid=252, indicating that he died 19 Feb 1959 in Paris. He published his memoirs, Записки певца, in 1955, which should mention any family he had -- you can find it in libraries at http://www.worldcat.org/title/zapiski-p ... lc/3800615.

-Logan
Савина-ЕН

Re: Find ancestors and relatives - Поиск предков и родственн

Post by Савина-ЕН »

Большой спасибо!!! :D Thank you very much!