1929 Poland & Danzig Bus Dir?

Ask how to use this site. Read the Help first!
plebensold

1929 Poland & Danzig Bus Dir?

Post by plebensold »

Hi:

Is there something I'm missing that's preventing me from seeing the relevant pages in the 1929 Poland and Danzig Business Directory? The index turns up 10 pages that I'd like to look at, but neither the "Next Page" button, nor the "Click for Page" box seem to do anything (for me, at least). Clicking on one of the groups of pages listed in the Table of Contents brings up only a single page, and it seems impossible to move from there. (All the other directories work fine for me.)

Peter Lebensold
Toronto
logan
Site Admin

Re: 1929 Poland & Danzig Bus Dir?

Post by logan »

Many users encounter this problem with the website that displays the 1929 directory. There were instructions in the Genealogy Indexer Help section explaining how to get around this, but, since it seems that most people do not read the Help, I have changed the links to the 1929 directory to go directly to the matching pages. I had avoided doing this because I did not want to bypass the host website's "landing page" for the directory. To retain access to the "landing page," I am now including a link to it ("table of contents") next to search results from this directory.

-Logan
HowGen

Post by HowGen »

For those who the page navigation buttons do not work for, there is another way to access every page. This method will let you navigate to specific pages, but it is not as nice as the regular interface. Copy the following URL into the address bar of your browser, and then modify the 4 digit page number (which is entered as 1706 in the example below) with the page number that you want before hitting GO:
http://data.jewishgen.org/jri-pl/1929/P1706.pdf

Make sure that the page number is always four digits, even if that means using leading zeros. You can navigate to any page using this method, as long as you know the page that you want to go to.

Howard Fink
Database Manager, 1929 Polish Business Directory Project
Jewish Records Indexing - Poland
seraulu1

Post by seraulu1 »

:) :) :) ,

Hi all,
Thanks for the suggestion you give to us that's very helpful an by the way i am newbie to these forum that's why i cant understand what the topic ye but i have a quick question :?: :?:
(Is there something I'm missing that's preventing me from seeing the relevant pages in the 1929 Poland and Danzig Business Directory?)
and i apologize for my bad English too hope that you understand it :oops: :oops: :oops:
logan
Site Admin

Post by logan »

seraulu1,

What exactly did you search for on this site, and for which of the matches returned are you trying to view the image? For example, you searched for "Kalter" and are trying to view the second match in the 1929 directory, image 671.

You should be able to click on the link that begins "1929 Poland and Danzig Business Directory" above the match you want to see, and be taken directly to the image.

-Logan