SZPIEGEL/SPIEGEL - Warsaw

Include as much as you know of name, town, street address, occupation, date.
grapevyn

SZPIEGEL/SPIEGEL - Warsaw

Post by grapevyn »

Hello! Family lore is that my gggf Avrhm KARGER was conscripted as a Cantonist and stationed in Warsaw when he met and married my gggm Pearl (Manna) SPIEGEL. They returned to Lyubar, Ukraine to raise a family after his mandatory military service ended after 25 years. Pearl died in the U.S. in 1923 - on her gravestone it names her as bat Pesach, and 89 years old, which would date her birth to about 1833, although I am not convinced this is accurate. I have never been able to find a Pesach SPIEGEL/SZPIEGEL in Warsaw. Her mother's name might have been Anna. Pearl had at least one sibling, an older sister named Esther who remained in Warsaw. I have searched on Genealogy Indexer before without any success at a match to this elusive :?: branch of my tree, and I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thank you!
Ellen Kowitt
Ariusz

Re: SZPIEGEL/SPIEGEL - Warsaw

Post by Ariusz »

Hi. My name is Arek. My mom maiden surname is Szpigiel and she is from Warsaw - was born not exactly in Warsaw but abou 70km from Warsaw. I think he had someone in family who had a name Anna. Ill ask my mom and ill let you know.
Regards
A.
grapevyn

Re: SZPIEGEL/SPIEGEL - Warsaw

Post by grapevyn »

Thank you Arek. Any word?