Kuty - Kosov - GALICIA

Include as much as you know of name, town, street address, occupation, date.
heidicke

Kuty - Kosov - GALICIA

Post by heidicke »

I am looking for any information of my family (MEHR) who lived in Kuty - Kosov - was austro - hungrian, poland and now is part of the western Ukraine.

My father David was born on 17/5/1913 and his brother 5 years younger emigrated to Israel in 1948 died in 1967. Do not know of what happened during 1939 - 1945 either. They were separated during the war and my father had said he spent them in russia. ( Do not know of what his experience was - never spoke of it) After the war like many other DP's he ended up in germany in Heidenheim and emigrated to Australia in 1949.

The address in Kuty - not quite sure was 5 Gericht Strasse - Kuty.

any information grately appreciated.
logan
Site Admin

Re: Kuty - Kosov - GALICIA

Post by logan »

The only MEHR I find from Kuty in the directories on this site is a family fleeing from Kuty to Vienna because of WWI. In the 1914/1915 Galicia and Bukovina War Refugees Address Directory, Vol. III, you can find:

Mehr Mechel, kupiec, Kuty, 5. IX. 914, Wieden, XX., Karl Meisslstrasse 1, 6 os.

Image at http://genealogyindexer.org/frame/d32/512/d. Found by searching for kuty mehr.

The "6 os." indicates Mechel MEHR registered as a refugee with 5 other people -- probably (necessarily?) family members. However, their names are not given in this directory. You might find them by researching Mechel MEHR by name or the address "Karl Meisslstrasse 1" in Viennese sources.

-Logan